ISPM-15 at its core!
“It’s not about what’s wrong and what’s good. it’s about how we treat wood.”
– O. Chang
IPPC rules and regulations and also China import regulations dictate that wood products need a temperature treatment to eliminate the risk of introduction and spread of quarantine pests associated with the movement in international trade of wood packaging material made from raw wood.
The International Plant Protection Convention (IPPC) and the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) state that wood which going to be exported or imported needs to be treated.
When using conventional heat chamber technology, the fundamental requirement is to achieve a minimum temperature of 56 °C for a minimum duration of 30 continuous minutes throughout the entire profile of the wood (including its core).
But there are exemptions concerning timber packaging. We will inform you about these exemptions on this website…
For in- and export outside the European Union, wooden packing and dunnage needs to be treated and marked in accordance with ISPM-15. Unless, see exemptions below…
- Sawdust, wood shavings, recycled wood and wood wool.
- Plastic Mondipal pallets are fully free of any ISPM-15 laws and regulations.
<6 mm Wood Packaging
- Wood packaging material made entirely from thin wood (6 mm or less in thickness).
- Wood packaging made wholly of processed wood material.
- Wood fiber export palletblocks 100% ISPM-15 proof.
- Barrels for wine and spirit that have been heated during manufacture.
- Sawdust, wood shavings and wood wool.
- Wood components permanently attached to freight vehicles and containers.
HT (heat treatment)
- Heating: As soon as possible
- Room temperature: 75°C until the Core temperature of 56°C is reached. Then the heating of the room can be turned off. Be aware that the core temperature remains 56°C
- Core temperature: 56°C
- Climate ugl: In the case of temperature treatment, it is not necessary to regulate according to a specific climate
- Valves: Closed
- Spraying: No
- Time core temp.: 30 minutes
- Conditioning time: None, however, the treatment batch should be cooled to about 40°C temperature difference to the outside temperature in order to prevent strong drying of wood
Does all wood need to be treated or are there exemptions?
“ISPM-15 treatment is not always necessary.”
Presswood pallets are made of the ‘patented material’. For the INKA Presswood pallets, dried wood chips are compression-moulded under pressure and heat. They can be used as a space-saving substitution for wooden pallets and they are extremely suitable for use as export pallets, as they are not covered by the regulations for solid wood. Presswood pallets are regarded as “processed wood” as defined by ISPM-15/NIMF 15, which is why they constitute the perfect single-trip pallets for problem-free export to all countries worldwide!
“Remember, the customer could be you.”
EUROBLOCK PALLET BLOCKS & PACKAGING TIMBER
Euroblock-pallet blocks are manufactured according to stringent quality criteria and the production process is monitored by SGS Gottfeld NDT Services GmbH. As a result of their superior product and application features, Euroblock-pallet blocks are approved by EPAL, UIC, major rental pools and many big end users.
“A direct solution, for immidiate exportation”
THE PRESSWOOD PALLET
Save at least 50% storage space and a lot of transport costs. The Presswood export pallets are also favourably priced.
- Wood fiber export pallet
- Do not need IPPC markings for exportation
- Do not need costly heat treatment or fumigation with Methyl bromide
- Do not need a phytosanitary certificate
- Also exist in pallet formats suitable for ISO containers
- Save at least 50% storage space
- Nestable stacking
- PEFC + FSC Certified
- Environmentally friendly 100% recycled material
- ISPM-15 proof
- Opening for entry
- Anti slip
- Low own moisture
- Constant shape
- Excellent manipulable
“Where wood isn’t an option, plastic work one’s way through.”
MONDIPAL PLASTIC PALLET
Introducing Mondipal’s latest addition to its range of euro-size export pallets: the MON-CD1208. Designed with the pharmaceutical and meat & poultry sectors in mind, its closed surface makes it quick & easy to clean, making it perfect for when hygiene is paramount. The MON-CD1208 is also both lightweight and durable so suitable for economical multi-trip use; but still has a price tag that even single trip users will find attractive. It is sure to be a very popular pallet for closed loops and exports alike!